Sunday, October 15, 2006

Resume/Resume

It's not easy to make a striking CV. Well, actually it is... if all you want it to do is to stand out, and not stay in the 'selected' pile. I put in "Created three analytical tools and productivity package, now used across Cisco" and realized soon that a) I had boasted beyond the Conscience tipping point b) using the word analytical doesn't imply I'm good Fin material. Then, I spent five minutes juggling with the same 15-20 words to come up with the right striking sentence, and as I am on the verge of giving up, words take on a life of their own

Created three analytical tools and productivity packages
Produced three creative, analytical tools and packages
Packaged three productivity tools rich in analytical creativity
Analyzed three creative tools and produced packages
Tooled three analytical packages that improved crativity and productivity

... had a threesome with Creativity and Productivity as Analysis watched on.

Time to move to the next sentence "Responsible for resource planning & scheduling besides Test and Automation of 6 individual feature areas".  It is beyond important to get the CV right; it is essential. I'm going to spend the next 5 minutes thinking of beautiful thoughts involving chocolate sauce and then... resume.

2 comments:

Chiranth Channappa said...

LOL.. that's a good one.

Suggestion for the next: Timing my resources while simultaneously testing an individual's features.

Anuj said...

Good luck :) may be I shuld have sent my resume your way as well !!!